Here’s a short list of things 10 things I knew absolutely nothing about at the start of 2008, before I started writing this blog:
- What an RSS feed is / how it works
- The differences between Bloglines and Google Reader
- Which is better: WordPress or Blogspot
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Technorati rankings
- What a trackback is, and whether they are good or bad
- Akismet spam
- Maimonindes’ 8 levels of tzedakah
- What’s in Vogue in India
- How to write a blog post, and why you’d bother
Nothing special about me.
It’s just that, once you’re done with school, you learn stuff as the RESULT of doing new things, not the other way around.
Which means “not knowing how” really isn’t an excuse for not doing something new.
How else you gonna learn?